The JCB JS260 delivers outstanding power and performance and is also available with a Long Reach front end.
The Isuzu Tier 4i high performance 4 cylinder turbo-charged engine has legendary reliability. Its in-line, direct injection fuel system delivers long-term efficiency for low fuel consumption.
Three travel speeds can be selected via the joystick controller:
- High Range for fast ravel across the job site
- Medium Range for more tractive effort in difficult conditions
- Low Range for greater precision and control
Four work modes can be selected to maximize productivity, fuel economy and control by matching the machine's output to the operating conditions:
- Auto Mode automatically gives you maximum power, when you need it.
- Economy Mode designed for maximum fuel efficiency in normal digging conditions.
- Precision Mode gives you more control and accuracy for fine work and grading
- Lifting Mode gives you maximum power with controllability
The unique JCB Plexus filter cleans the hydraulic oil down to 1.5 microns providing ultimate protection for the hydraulic system and allows for extended service intervals - 5,000 hour hydraulic oil change and 1,000 hours on the filter.
An electric fuel pump, fitted as standard, speeds refueling to minimize downtime.
The heavy duty 'X' frame type undercarriage is integrally welded for strength and durability, with excellent ground clearance. Underbelly guarding provides added protection for arduous work sites.
Automatic pre-heat glow plugs mean first-time starting whatever the climate.
6 fluid filled resilient mountings insulated the cab against noise and vibration while minimizing movement when tracking over rough ground.
The comfortable, 6-way adjustable seat allows the operator to find the best position in relation to the controls.
Large glass areas mean excellent visibility especially low down to the operator's left or right and to the rear of the machine over the low hood line and rounded counterweight.
The in-cab pattern change switch allows the operator to easily choose between backhoe or excavator controls.